Town Hall: Returning to the Operational Lab Environment During COVID-19
SLCan has partnered with I2SL on a series of free webinars which we believe are very pertinent to our professional community. Please see below for information on the webinar series, which starts April 28th...
As the COVID-19 coronavirus has required closures of facilities across the country, many laboratory owners, operators, engineers, and designers have discussed how to ensure safe and sustainable start-ups once restrictions are lifted. To reach the broader sustainable labs community with this important topic, the International Institute for Sustainable Laboratories (I2SL) is hosting a free town hall, Returning to the Operational Lab Environment During COVID-19 , from 12:00 to 1:30 p.m. Eastern (9:00 to 10:30 a.m. Pacific)
April 28, 2020.
Join a panel of representatives from academic, private, and government laboratories addressing questions from social distancing to personal protective equipment to operational issues, such as ventilation balancing and controls. Participants will be polled for their input, and panelists will answer a variety of questions about returning labs to operation.
- Mike Cakouros, PE/CSP/CHMM, Director/Head of Safety, Health & Environment, AstraZeneca
- Rich Fairfax, CIH, Principal Consultant for ORC HSE and Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety & Health
- Julie Gilmore, PhD, Site Head and Chief Operating Officer for Lilly Gateway Labs
- Chris Incarvito, Associate Provost for Science Initiatives, Yale University
- David Kang, University of Colorado Boulder Vice Chancellor for Infrastructure and Sustainability and Chief Facilities Officer
- Eric Knight, Global Head of EHS and Sustainability, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Larry Matarazzi, Head of Real Estate and Facilities, Vir Biotechnology, Inc.
- Ann Murray, Director of Business Development, Charles River Labs
- Tom Smith, President, 3Flow
- Moderator: Melody Spradlin, Vice President, Global Facilities and Corporate Engineering, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
As there are many and varied topics to cover while the country continues to cope with COVID-19, I2SL and its Northern California Chapter are hosting this town hall in conjunction with the California Life Sciences Association (CLSA) and Sustainable Labs Canada (SLCan) as the first in a series of public service events I2SL will provide to discuss lessons learned about safe and sustainable lab stoppage and start-up.
Don't worry if you can't make this town hall on April 28; I2SL will post a recording on its websites. And I2SL has more town halls in the works, so stay tuned and stay safe!