SLCan is now a Founding Partner of I2SL's Labs2Zero Program
In April 2023, SLCan signed a MOU with I2SL to support their Labs2Zero program. Through this MOU:
- SLCan will be recognized as a Founding Partner of the Labs2Zero program.
- SLCan will have a voting position on at least one Labs2Zero Technical Advisory Council (TAC) core group for the first year of the program, and in the future as its contribution continues.
- For the purposes of TAC core group participation, membership in SLCan will constitute organizational membership in order to meet the requirement to be an active I2SL member to serve as a voting member of a Lab2Zero TAC.
- SLCan will promote various aspects of the Labs2Zero program to their members and constituents in Canada as they are developed, including the current Laboratory Benchmarking Tool and future energy/emissions scores and reports.
I2SL and SLCan will commit to working on a plan for SLCan to offer the Labs2Zero program in Canada.
The press release issued by I2SL can be read here - I2SL Launches Labs2Zero Program to Help Reduce Energy and Emissions From Research Facilities.
This partnership also allows SLCan members the opportunity to join a variety of Technical Advisory Councils for the Labs2Zero program. Visit https://i2sl.org/labs2zero/volunteer.html to learn more.
Town Hall: Returning to the Operational Lab Environment During COVID-19
- Mike Cakouros, PE/CSP/CHMM, Director/Head of Safety, Health & Environment, AstraZeneca
- Rich Fairfax, CIH, Principal Consultant for ORC HSE and Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety & Health
- Julie Gilmore, PhD, Site Head and Chief Operating Officer for Lilly Gateway Labs
- Chris Incarvito, Associate Provost for Science Initiatives, Yale University
- David Kang, University of Colorado Boulder Vice Chancellor for Infrastructure and Sustainability and Chief Facilities Officer
- Eric Knight, Global Head of EHS and Sustainability, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Larry Matarazzi, Head of Real Estate and Facilities, Vir Biotechnology, Inc.
- Ann Murray, Director of Business Development, Charles River Labs
- Tom Smith, President, 3Flow
- Moderator: Melody Spradlin, Vice President, Global Facilities and Corporate Engineering, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
Don't worry if you can't make this town hall on April 28; I2SL will post a recording on its websites. And I2SL has more town halls in the works, so stay tuned and stay safe!